Who can register?
- The 5 km Run and the 10 km are open to all runners born on or before December 31, 2008
- The Half-Marathon is open to all runners born on or before December 31, 2006
- The Marathon is open to all runners born on or before December 31, 2004
- Attention! The licensed runners will have to deposit on their personal account time to their sports license (FFA) bearing attestation of the delivery of a medical certificate. Non-licensed runners must submit a medical certificate stating that they are not contraindicated to run competitively and/or to practice athletics competitively and/or to practice sports competitively.
If you are a minor, click on the "Medical Certificate" section to consult the procedure to follow.
How to register?
All registrations are done on time to. It will take you 5 minutes.
Once your registration is complete, you will receive two emails, one confirming your registration for the event, the other confirming that your payment has been processed.
In addition, a tab with the name of the event will appear on your personal time to page, as well as a follow-up of your registrations on this same page.
How much does it cost?
Find the price guide below:
What does my registration include?
Your registration includes :
- An access to the Run in Lyon pre-race village
- Guides and training plans by level
- Training sessions with a coach
- Your participation in the race
- Your time (chrono)
And based on the distance you have chosen, you will also have…
For the Charity Run (5 km):
- A t-shirt
- A 2€ donation included in the price of your regsitration for the association Une Souris Verte
For the 10km and the half-marathon:
- A t-shirt
- A finisher medal
For the marathon:
- A marathon bag
- A marathon finisher t-shirt
- A finisher medal
How does the Corporate Challenge work ?
The Corporate Challenge is the opportunity to meet all the employees of the same business during the Run In Lyon race.
It’s also the occasion for the intern to tell the CEO that he really wants to keep working there, for Fred (the accoutant) to tell Jean that he does a super great job, and for Alexandra to run with Tom, that she appreciates a lot.
In short, that’s an amazing team building tool!
Enjoy our corporate offers to federate your workmates around a sport challenge, adapted to each person. With 3 distances (10km, half-marathon and marathon), the 2022 edition of the Run In Lyon is open to everyone !
Do you think your company could be interested? Click on the link below to get more information.
What is the Pass event ?
The PASS EVENT J'aime courir allows you to prepare your race with a program created specifically for you by the running coaches of the French Athletics Federation. To access the services included in your Pass, you have to activate your account by clicking on the link included in the PASS EVENT J'aime courir email that you will receive within 5 days once you have selected the option and validated the payment when you register for the event.
Please note that you will not be able to subscribe to this pass once your registration has been validated.
As soon as your account is activated, you will be able to access the personalized training plan service, in the "advice and training" section. An information form will allow the coach to identify your experience, your availability and your ambition. The personalized training plans provide 6 to 12 weeks of preparation for the race. They are carried out by coaches who are part of the coaching of the French running team of athletics, who are active within their clubs with runners of all levels and who contribute to the tips proposed each week on j'aimecourir.fr. Throughout your preparation, you will be able to ask them for details and advice on your training.
With the PASS EVENT J'aime courir, you will benefit from a cancellation insurance that guarantees the reimbursement of the registration fees of the PASS EVENT holder who is obliged to cancel his or her participation in the race, before the start of the race, and for one of the reasons indicated below:
- Death, accident or illness of the insured participant,
- Death, accident or serious illness (requiring hospitalization) of the insured's spouse, an ascendant or descendant of the first degree occurring in the thirty days preceding the event,
- Refusal of the insured's visa by the French authorities,
- Theft of the insured's identity papers within 48 hours prior to departure,
- The insured is summoned to appear before a court.
Only the price of the race number is covered, to the exclusion of any other purchase or expense. The EVENT PASS, options and pack contents purchased at the time of registration will never be reimbursed by the insurer. For more information on how to file a claim, please visit the "Insurance" page of the site.
In addition to the services associated with the race, the PASS EVENT J'aime courir allows you to access all the services of j'aimecourir.fr: advice, newsletter, training tools, news and good plans proposed by the French Athletics Federation.
If you have subscribed to a J'aime Courir Event Pass and you want more information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I cancel my registration?
Two cases are available to you :
You subscribed to the Event Pass when you registered :
If you subscribed to the PASS EVENT J'aime courir when you registered, you will benefit from a cancellation insurance that guarantees the reimbursement of the registration fees of the PASS EVENT holder who is obliged to cancel his participation in the race, before the start of the race, and for one of the following reasons :
- Death, accident or illness of the insured participant,
- Death, accident or serious illness (requiring hospitalisation) of a partner, child or parent, of the insured party, which takes place up to thirty days before the event,
- Refusal of the insured party’s visa by the French authorities,
- Theft of the insured party’s identity papers 48 hours before the start of the race,
- The insured is summoned to appear before a court.
Only the price of the race number is covered, to the exclusion of any other purchase or expense. The EVENT PASS, the options and the contents of the packs purchased at the time of registration will never be reimbursed by the insurer
Attention! We do not make any name changes on the bibs.
If you subscribed the Pass Event J’aime Courir, and if you need more information, you can send an email to : email@example.com
You did not subscribe to the J'aime courir Event Pass when you registered :
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept your request for cancellation, refund or transfer of your number.
According to the rules of the event, all entries are personal, firm and final, and cannot be refunded for any reason whatsoever and no transfer of entry is allowed for any reason whatsoever.
What is the Personal Accident Insurance ?
This Personal Accident Insurance is offered by the organiser's insurer so that you are correctly covered during your participation in the Run In Lyon by Harmonie Mutuelle. It is optional but it's strongly recommended.
As you may know, the vast majority of your usual insurance policies (particularly your car insurance, insurance provided automatically through your bank cards, household insurance, bank loan insurance, etc.) totally exclude any participation in sports events either on an amateur or professional basis, and therefore exclude the risks involved in your participation in the Run In Lyon by Harmonie Mutuelle.
It is important that you check the extent of the cover provided by your normal insurance policies (and the exclusions) and, if you are not sufficiently covered or not covered at all, you should consider taking out the proposed insurance policies by clicking on the link below.
This insurance will cover you if you have an accident whilst taking part in the event, whether or not you were responsible and whether or not there is an identified responsible third part. You are only covered during the event from the time you cross the starting line until the time you cross the finishing line or you abandon the event.
In the hypotesis of an accident during your participation in the event, it covers:
- Medical costs (within the limits that you have chosen), and if necessary, the repatriation,
- in the event of death or total or partial permanent disability (due to this accident): the payment of compensation (within the limits that you have chosen)
This Individual Accident insurance is optional but highly recommended. It can be taken out in addition to any existing insurance you may already have or if you are not already covered. You may purchase the cover from the insurer of your choice, from your federation or from Aon, organizer’s broker, whose proposal (detailed notice and application form) can be consulted and downloaded by clicking on the link below. You can subscribe to the option during your registration for the event or at any time before the start of the event.
Download the Notice and application form
Medical certificate / Parental consent / Rules
Is the medical certificate mandatory?
Yes, without a valid medical certificate stating "no contraindication to the practice of athletics in competition" or "no contraindication to the practice of running in competition" or "no contraindication to the practice of sport in competition", dated less than one year the day of the race, it will be impossible for you to run!
To avoid mistakes, we advise you to use the model of certificate available here.
The copy of the medical certificate is accepted. The medical certificate is issued by your doctor.
You can now upload your medical certificate on your personal page time to.
If you are a minor and you wish to participate in the race, you have several options:
- You have a FFA license, your license attests that you have a valid medical certificate.
- You are not a FFA member: you can submit a medical certificate online so that it can be validated before the race. You will be safe when you pick up your number! OR you can submit a health questionnaire to be signed by your legal guardian when you pick up your bib, you can download it at this link, print it and fill it in. If you answer NO to any of the questions, you will have to get a medical certificate from a doctor.
If you have registered for the Charity Run, you do not need to provide a medical certificate.
How to put my medical certificate or my FFA license online and get a validation ?
The medical certificate or the FFA license (certifying the issuance of a medical certificate) must be upload on your time to account to be reviewed for validation.
If you have a FFA license, only the 2023/2024 FFA licenses (valid from September 1st 2023 to August 31st 2024) will be accepted.
For this, you have to login and click on « My account » (image with your profil picture) and then on « My events ». Under your Run In Lyon registration, you will click on « Download a document ».
The file must be PDF, JPEG, or PNG and less than 3 Mo in size. If your document is larger than 3MB, you will need to compress it before uploading it.
The document is uploaded when it appears as "pending" validation by our teams.
The validation will start 1 month before the event. You will receive an email once validated or refused.
If you are unable to download it, we advise you to try by login into your personal account via another internet browser (Google Chrome).
Attention! You can upload your document up to 7 days before the race day.
I am a minor, do I need a parental consent?
This is not necessary, because your registration has to be done by an adult on time to. The electronic signature of the person of legal age is valid. Please note that you must be :
- 16 years old in 2023 for the Charity Run (5km) and the 10km (runners born in 2006 or before)
- 18 years old in 2023 for the half-marathon (runners born in 2004 or before)
Where can I find the race regulations?
You will find the regulations of the 2023 Run In Lyon by clicking here.
Where, when and how can i pick up my race bib ?
That’s indeed a good thing to care about those information!
- Where ? At the Run In Lyon Village on Place Bellecour
- Is there public transport ? Yes ! Lines A and D – Place Bellecour station
- When ? On Friday, October 20th (10am to 7pm) or on Saturday, October 21st (10am to 7pm)
Attention! No bibs will be given out on race day.
To pick up your bib, you have to show the following documents :
- Your registration with the QR code (received by mail and available on yourtime toaccount
- Your ID (and it doesn't matter if your picture is not on top)
- Your medical certificate, if it has not been validated by the organization on your personal account time to"my events" or if it has not been put online.
If you can't pick up your number, someone can pick it up for you. You just have to give him your QR code, a copy of your identity card, and your medical certificate, if it has not been validated before on time to.
The race bib must be attached to the chest for the entire race (will safety pins that we will provide, don’t worry, you will not have to go to the shops). They cannot be hidden or modified. Anyone not wearing a race bib will be disqualified from the event. Yes, it is a bit strict, but that’s the way it is. It is not possible to send your bib to your home address for this event.
Start / Finish area / Starting area
What is the starting schedule and how do I get to my starting area?
- For athletes with wheelchair : 8:20am
- For the marathon and the half-marathon : from 8:30am depending on your starting area
- For the 10km : from 11:30am depending on your starting area
- For the Charity Run : 12:45pm
Make sure you use the accesses indicated!
Where does the start take place?
The start of every races takes place quai Romain Rolland in front of the Palais de Justice, in the Vieux Lyon.
Where is the finish line located?
The finish line of every races is located at Place Bellecour.
How can I change my starting area?
If you wish to benefit from the elite, preferential starting area, first register in the red airlock and send us your proof of performance less than 2 years old by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then change your assignment.
To access the Preferential or Elite SAS, please select the red SAS and present your proof of performance at the bib collection point.
Practical info for the D-Day
What is the time limit for each race ?
- For the Charity Run and the 10km : 1h30
- For the half-marathon : 3h
- For the marathon : 5h30
To reach your objective, you can use our training plans.
Are there luggage lockers?
You will have the possibility to deposit your bag for free in the lockers located on the Place Bellecour to run with a clear mind and pockets. You will be able to get it back after the race by presenting your race bib.
Are there changing rooms?
No, you will not find a changing room. You will probably have to cross the streets of Lyon in fluorescent clothing but, for once, it will be "classy". However, we have a locker room at your disposal on the Place Bellecour (arrival area). You can leave your bag there (closed) and get it back after the race when you show your bib.
Are there any toilets?
You will find toilets along the starting locks as well as the luggage lockers and your arrival.
You will also find toilets at all the feeding zones of the half-marathon and the marathon! Don't panic!
Is there a possibility to eat on the course?
We want to make sure you have the strength you need to reach the finish line, so of course! You will find feeding zones every 5 km on the 10km, the half-marathon and the marathon, and at the finish line for each race. You will find the different foodstuffs :
- Sweet foods : bananas, apples, sugar pieces, french biscuits Petit Beurre, madeleines, gingerbread.
- Salted foods : cakes, crackers.
- Water and Coke.
What is the timing system?
All participants will be given, along with their bib, an electronic chip (in the form of strips glued behind each bib) which will be automatically initialized at the starting line and will serve as a control of the regularity of the race at various points of the course:
- The Charity Run isn't timed
- For the 10km: at the start, at km 5 and at the finish
- For the half-marathon: at the start, at km 5, at km 10 and at the finish
- For the marathon: at the start, at km 5, at km 10, at km 21.1, at km 30, at km 35 and at the finish
A competitor who does not use the roadway cannot be classified at the finish.
How to go to the starting line in public transportation ?
You will find here every information to come Place Bellecour to get your bib, and to go to the starting line.
Are there pacemakers to help me achieve my goals?
Of course there are! In each starting locker, there will be pacemakers to help you achieve your goals. They will be easily identifiable, just like the leaders in a cabaret: they will be wearing large feathers in the colors of your airlock!
After the race
When and where can I check out my results?
Your results will be available on the website in the Results section the day of the event in the afternoon. A diploma will be available for download on the same website, where you will also find photos and videos of the race. All you have to do is share them on social networks to show what you were doing while the others were sleeping in!
The Charity Run isn’t timed, you won’t have a ranking so no resultats. What is important is your participation, and to run united!
Are there rankings?
Of course! We don’t want to put pressure on you, but we have to admit that we would like you to do a good performance (a little pressure isn’t that bad!).
There will be a individual ranking in which every runners will be included, as well as a Companies Challenge ranking, including :
- A ranking by team based on the number of kilometers
- A ranking with the average time performance of the all team
Where can I collect my medal?
The finisher's medal is given to you at the finish line. As soon as you arrive, you will be able to show everyone your valour!
Where can I check my photos?
Individual photos will be available on the website www.marathon-photos.com a few days after the event. You can then order them and keep a personal souvenir of your achievement.
Can I volunteer to help out?
With pleasure! We'd be mad to refuse enthusiastic helpers - maybe you can encourage others to help too? Bring your good mood and generous nature and join our hundreds of volunteers to help make this event run smoothly.
Please contact us at email@example.com
Or contact us: 04.72.44.92.32.
More information here.